**Please note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply**
Location: Ha Noi
Contract Type: Full-time
Duration: ASAP until July 2024 subject to yearly performance review
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm which provides monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. SI works across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 SI has worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
About PEAPROS Consulting
PEAPROS, a Ha Noi-based Consulting Joint-stock Company established in 2009, is specialized in providing highly customized and relevant consultancy services to wide range of clients including government and private organizations and corporates, development projects and programs, international development and United Nation’s agencies, as well as international and national non-government organizations. For the last 12 years, PEAPROS team has carried out over 100 assignments with more than 50 international and national organizations, and public and private enterprises in Vietnam and Asia.
SI is implementing the USAID Learns Contract. The scope of this five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
We are seeking a qualified and motivated Capacity Building Coordinator to join the highly dynamic Capacity Building team in delivering capacity building activities. This is a full-time, Hanoi based position. The employment contract of this position will be signed under PEAPROS Consulting JSC, Learns’ subcontractor for capacity building pillar, renewal on a yearly basis subject to performance review.
Capacity Building Coordinator will report to Capacity Building Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Capacity Building Coordinator will contribute to Learns’ capacity building mission in the following ways:
- Actively support and lead on the design of adult-learning training and coaching curriculum in alignment with Learns’ needs assessment for different target groups (USAID staff, Implementing Partners and/or Government partners) in a wide variety of areas including:
- Collaboration, Learning and Adapting
- USAID policies on Programming
- Adaptive management.
- Develop capacity building materials, including presentations, manuals, guidelines, how-to note, training videos, tools and other documents, in close collaboration with and in support of related technical team members;
- Deliver or support the delivery of trainings (in person or virtually) and/or facilitate learning events for different types of audiences;
- In close coordination with other members of the team, manage CB monitoring systems, including developing pre-tests, post-tests, surveys to collect data, maintaining CB dashboard, analyzing data for continuous adaptation/improvement and reporting to USAID;
- Visualize narratives, processes, text documents, reports, guideline into user-friendly communication materials;
- Other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in education, social sciences, project management, or other related disciplines;
- Minimum of five years of experience in supporting the design and delivery of trainings, learning events, and other types of capacity building activities;
- Experience supporting or leading on the facilitation of participatory workshop, focus group discussions, or other interactive events. Ability and strong interest in the development of experience-based training materials, as well as user-friendly manuals and guidelines;
- Ability to visualize procedural and/or management processes;
- Ability to use and/or adapt new technical knowledge, training methods and tools;
- Excellent command of MS-Office;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical capacity and ability to synthesize information;
- Demonstrated ability to work and produce – at times under pressure - high quality outputs;
- Excellent ability to share knowledge and experience, a good team player and self-management skills.
- Strong experience with the design and delivery of training, learning events, and other types of capacity building activities;
- Experience with learner-centered and adult-learning training or events;
- Knowledge and experience related to USAID-funded projects;
- Familiarity with standard donor Monitoring terms and core practices;
- Certificates in adult-training, instructional design, and/or organizational learning.
The closing date for application: May 19, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
To learn more about PEAPROS, please visit our website: http://www.peapros.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.